Saturday, November 15, 2008

Medical News

Well, I finally graduated and I'm out of the boot, after 7 weeks. I did have to promise the doctor that I would wear it, if my foot was bothering me and if the pain gets really bad again, I have to see him again.
Joseph found out this week that he is lactose intolerant, so not more milk, unless it is soy milk and no more ice cream. He loves ice cream so that is going to be a hard one for him to give up. He can eat cheese and yogurt though which are two more things he really likes a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karlee has the same problem!!! Let me tell you about the most wonderful invention EVER: LACTAID!!! They have a pill you can take before you eat any dairy, and it helps digest the milk sugar, which is what makes people lactose intolerant. You can buy it over the counter at Walmart. Karlee doesn't throw up anymore, and doesn't scream in pain. She enjoys ALL dairy now, and is as happy as can be. Have Joseph talk to his doctor about it (it's an adult medication). And you can ask me any questions. We had a long first year (plus) trying to figure all of this out. I feel like a "pro" now.

By the way, CONGRATS on the boot!

Karalee said...

You are free of the boot, time to celebrate!

Nelson News said...

Poor Joseph. Yay for you on the boot. I hope you continue to get better.